Search

Blog Archive

Saturday, April 24, 2021

5 THINGS I WOULD SAY TO YOUNGER MYSELF

 

Me in 2013. On prom of my 2 years fashion designer classes

Probably this post may be helpful for girls in their teenage years and early twenties.

❤️ People who laugh at you because you don't have something are probably even more insecure in themselves than you in yourself when you're being criticized. No matter what their motive to do it, they are not worthy of you listening to, worrying, and crying.   I have an older sister and I was always getting clothes and other stuff from her when she doesn't need it anymore. So whole my childhood to early teenager years I was wearing old-fashioned clothes. I remember in the early 00's it's started to be fashionable to wear flared jeans with holes and whitened knees. I wanted them sooo bad,  but I only got them when my sister already didn't want them. That time when skinny jeans started to be the trend. So again I was the old-fashionable. The same things with the phones. I was the last of my pears who got the phone. I remember how I'm the only one who could not play with my friends because everyone was into their phones and my phone was incompatible with them. Like everybody had Bluetooth phones and shared games, pictures, and music with each other and then I had only IrDA phone. When everyone had IrDA phones I had the simplest phone ever that nothing in it. When I was blogging in my teenage years I've got many comments on my different posts from one girl that was ''accusing'' me that I buy all my clothes on the market and I've awful taste. That's hilarious. But it made sad 15 years old me. Now I think that probably the bish was obsessed with me or something. Why did she comment so much on something she doesn't like. And what's bad in buying clothes on the market anyways? The quality is the same as most of the mass-market brands she was wearing. By the way, I choose to dress in thrift stores and small business stores. I think it's the best thing I could do for ecology for our planet.

❤️ Think and plan what you're going to do a job already in high school and don't think about those girls you cry over, they even don't deserve to be with you. I literally thought finishing the university and getting that diploma will get me a job. During all 5 years of me studying in university, I was barely thinking about what job I should choose. I even could work when I study and I had plenty of my time. I don't know why I even didn't try to find something. I had plan A that on the start was quite successful but it was not giving me money and then, as it was about social media, things changed quickly and my plan A exploded. And I didn't have plan B, so here we go, now I'm 24, 25 in August trying to find the first real job.

❤️ Thinking in high school, university, early twenties things get better is lie unless you work for it. When I was 12 I was thinking how could be cool if I was 16, that would be probably so much fun. At 16 I thought well maybe in the early 20's, but, honestly, with age basically nothing changes if you don't work for it. You should have goals and to go to them. That's the only way changes work. 

❤️ Start to care about skin and body in total early-middle teenage years. My skin is so freaking bad. Everywhere. Not washing make-up, not having a healthy diet and enough of movement made a lot of things that I could not have if I cared about my body properly. I deleted 5 teeth before getting braces because those teeth were bad. Same things about hair. I just wish I would care about my body regularly when I was younger, so now I would be healthier and prettier.

❤️ Leave toxic relationships faster and save real friendships because they are rare. I left my 11 years of toxic friendship just 2 years ago in 2019. I could do it so much faster. Now after those relationships I'm still healing all the insecurities that a person gave me. Also, I  wish I could keep the good friendships I had. It's so hard to find in 20's. Especially, in 2021.

6 comments:

  1. I've had some of the same issues as you. I've ended toxic relationships later than I should, and didn't maintain some great friendships. I was irresponsible when it came to skincare in my teens, and paid the price for a long time. I didn't fully think about my job until much later. But there's always room for improvement and it sounds like you've learned a lot from your past, which is great for your present + future <3

    http://bloomingsuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some really good pieces of advice and a lot of them I'd tell my younger self too - especially the one about working on yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have things we would definitely say to our younger selves - I know I do! I agree that it’s more difficult than ever to find friends right now - hopefully things will be more normal soon. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally tell my younger self to start on skincare and eating healthy!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would scream to my younger self about that skincare part xx

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete