Search

Blog Archive

Monday, January 4, 2021

10 Reasons Why I like New Year more than CHRISTMAS

Blogmas Day 20


 I tried to write this post for two days but I'm having problems with photo editing, everything uploads so slowly and I can't save the results. It stinks! I tried Picsart and Pixlr. But any of them have the same problems, maybe it's just my computer.

Soooo I'm posting the raw photos without angle correction and color correction I wanted to do, I think they are quite good this way too. I want to go this place again soon to take more of better photos. I saw an incredible photo from this place and it inspired me.

These photos were taken on New Year Eve at midnight. Fun fact: I with my parents went to the center to see a Christmas market and the main Christmas tree 15 minutes before midnight, I thought we will meet the new year in a car but when we were in the target place, I went out the car and in the exact time I was doing it everyone started screaming, clapping, and fireworks were over the place. It was exact 00:00. Such good timing. So here are few photos from there, but I failed in photography but I'm gonna do it better in a few days. Maybe on Ukrainian Christmas.




You may be wondering why nobody was wearing face masks on those photos. I am with my family were wondering about this too. We were the only people who were wearing them. Even like 30 policemen that were there were not wearing it. Nobody was wearing masks... except 3 women were wearing cat-eye masks and one man was wearing a Santa Claus mask....
Maybe we somehow time-traveled to the past where nobody wore them. That was sooo weird!

Anyways here are finally reasons why I love the New Year so much:

1. That's just the biggest holiday in Ukraine and a favorite holiday for basically everyone. Even some religious people I know prefer New Year. Basically, everyone celebrates it, with all those events, fireworks it looks as the biggest and greatest day of the year.

2. New year, new inspiration. I know many people say there is no ''new year, new me'' and we stay the same. And I agree with them... kinda. But still everything in our hands, we can do what we want if... we want lol. After a new year, I feel such inspiration to do important businesses, to do art e.t.c.

3. Astrology. In the recent 2 years, I've been a little in astrology and started to notice how time and different dates influence us. I noticed how each year has a different energy. So I'm excited to see what energy 2021 will bring, hope it will be better than 2019 and 2020. I'm almost sure in it because I have so many plans.

4. The whole new year of new experiences and adventures. Just think of it. There is a lot of cool things that will happen this year for all of us in any case. How someone can not be excited about it?

5. In Ukraine a New Year is basically the same as Christmas is abroad. It's a family holiday (for most people but many celebrate with close friends as well).

6. Yes, that the holiday when we give each other gifts. Everyone buys gifts for New Year, not for Christmas. All advertisements scream to buy New Year gifts. Should I do my New Year gifts post?

7. We have foo we eat specifically on this day and I kinda miss the whole year. So it's exciting to finally eat them.

8. January has magic energy for sure. During this time I usually have vivid dreams that come true later this year. I'm having a dream about a big blue parrot for a few days now, it's weird! Also, this time has absolutely magical energy in all means. It feels like a fairytale sometimes.

9. Motivation to start everything you wanted but was not inspired to do it before. 

10. I'm not religious, so celebrating a new year makes more sense for me. I feel blamed when I celebrate Christmas while not believing in certain things this holiday is about.

3 comments:

  1. Aw these are great reasons! I think I like Christmas the most, but New Year is definitely an enjoyable and fun holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally find new years to be very emotional. I've never liked it. It reminds me of everything or everyone I've lost the previous year. But I'm learning to tolerate it more and see the positives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes sense that you prefer to celebrate the New Year because it is a family holiday there. Here New Year is not such a big thing and we don't have so many New Year traditions. I'm happy to hear you had a nice NYE celebration. I wish you all the best in 2021.

    ReplyDelete