Every time when I want to write a new post on the blog, something happens that don't give me to do it. It becomes already funny and weird. Like yesterday I tried to do it twice. And first time when I started to write first words suddenly I started to have a strong stomachache, so I stopped and stomach stopped to hurt as suddenly as it started. So later I continued to write the post and suddenly (yep, again) my laptop turned off, although it never turns off anymore after repair. Weird.
Okay, hope I can finish the post, at least, today.
Today I want to talk about why I prefer to blog and read blogs over YouTube. I know many people say that text blogging (did I say it right?) died years ago. But my opinion that's definitely classic in blogging and classic never dies.
Because of popularity of video blogs / channels on YouTube, there is no reason for people to read blogs as well, cause it's not cool anymore... or at least everyone just watch YouTube. I don't know why and how it's happened.
I think in text blogging we just don't have one big cool platform as Youtube for video blogging. Bloglovin is pretty cool, but not perfect in many ways. Also I think that it would be cool to have some really big blog stars to promote blogging. Here are a lot of popular bloggers, but who knows really big blog stars? I don't know, everybody who comes to my mind is famous either famous for being famous on Instagram either for being famous on Youtube. I just wish blogs had such amount of viewers as youtube channels have. Bloggers totally deserve everything youtubers have as well, cause blogging ain't easier than vlogging. Hope one day it will happen. Who knows? I don't think everybody will be so crazy about videoblogging as now for very long time. It's just me or it's already not the same as like three years ago? Maybe classic blogging will be trendy again, I see many celebrities started their blogs recently. Or maybe somebody invent something new.
Anyways, here are some of my favorite reasons for loving blogging more than vloging:
- You spent so much less time on reading posts than YouTube videos. Even long posts you definitely won't read 15-25 minutes, as most of daily vlogs last, while most of posts take 1-2 minutes to read. Sometimes even less. For me the biggest problem in Youtube is that takes way to much time. Even when you search for certain information and find a video you need, it will take so much more time then if you google it and find an article about what you need.
- It's better / easier to show vibes you want to show with help of photography and text then with help of video. I think videos make everything more boring as it's in real life and lose magic that photos and text have.
- Some topics hard to tell on videos and it's better to write on the blog. As I said text have it's own magic and special vibes that video can't show.
- In blogosphere less of angry people or trolls. I don't even remember the last time I had a bad comment. We have kind of cool positive atmosphere here.
- If you have lifestyle blog, it takes so much less time to take photos than videos, if you have lifestyle channel, so you shouldn't film all the time and spent time more with camera them with people around you. Just took a few pictures and that's all.
- Editing videos takes way more time than editing photos. Also it's harder.
- Not all people feel comfortable on video, while almost everybody feel okay about taking photos.
Do you ever wanted to have video channel instead of your blog?
By the way, it took a lot of my day to write this post, cause my computer worked really bad and I needed to wait while it will upload things too many times. I don't know why it happens every time I want to blog.