Search

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

CELEBRATING ST. NICHOLAS DAY | BLOGMAS



So yesterday in Ukraine was first big winter holiday. In the evening my sister with her family visited us and we had a great family dinner. It really reminds me of Christmas.
Here we have tradition that St. Nicholas put gifts to kids under their pillows when they sleep or they get a rod or a rock if they were naughty. Really, my niece got a rod this the last year hehe. It was never happening with me, but I remember how I was pretending that I sleep while my parents were putting gifts under the pillow hah. After they leave me in my room alone I looked what gifts I've got although it was a night yet. I couldn't wait to the morning! By the way, this year I've got a early present too, but around September yet and really not sure what it was.

2 comments: